Buena Vista Social Club - Buena Vista Social Club
Found at bee mp3 search engine

07 March 2008

Seeing RED and Flashes of Light!!!

I think I did something stupid last evening when I left work and went to an event at Prestonwood Country Club in Cary....I might've turned left on a red light and noticed it when I saw flashes of light coming from a traffic camera.

This is my FIRST time!!! I also contacted the Cary Police Department via email about the situation....and I want to get it waived. Below is the email...and I'm sure that some of you might be wondering why I'm sharing this on my blog. Well, there's a first time for everything, right??? :-)

----- Original Message -----
From: "gregory edward johnson"
To: "The Red Light Camera Contact Person at the Cary Police Department"
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2008 9:52 PM
Subject: Possible Violation of Running the Red Light at Cary Parkway/High House Road???

Dear [Mr. Red Light Camera Person],

I have a question/concern about the red light signal camera at the Cary Parkway/High House Road intersection....and a possible violation on my part. This evening (Thursday - March 6th, 2008 about 5:55 PM), I was making a left turn from Cary Parkway to High House Road toward Prestonwood Country Club. I thought the light was still yellow when I entered the intersection, but once I did I enter the intersection, I noticed the camera lights flashing...and I do assume it was me and I didn't realize the light was red. I was driving a green 2006 Jeep Liberty with the NC License Plate - RETTAMAN. I think I was traveling about 15 to 20 miles per hour.

I have not received any citation in the mail since this incident occurred just a few hours ago (at the time of this email). I don't know if you might receive requests to waive the citation; I do know there is an appeals process, though. If I am at fault, I would like to have this citation waived because it's my first offense and I have never received any sort of ticket whatsoever since I've started driving nineteen years ago. However, if it's not waived, then I guess that it is okay because I did check the Town of Cary web site on red light signal cameras (http://www.townofcary.org/depts/dsdept/redsignal/overview.htm) and read that the fines go to the county school system and that there aren't any points on the drivers license or insurance. Also, if the citation is not waived, how long would I expect to receive the fine in the mail because I do want to settle this as soon as possible? (I also would be paying by credit card so there isn't any need for a return envelope for payment.)

Thank you for your time reading this. I hope to hear a reply from you. Have a good day.

Sincerely,
Gregory E. Johnson

No comments:

The Wave Swinger at the 2008 NC STATE FAIR on October 19th...

Followers

Sign by Dealighted - Coupons and Deals

Christmas 2009 Countdown!

Pictures from my Birthday Celebration at the Angus Barn on February 28th, 2009...

Pictures from my Birthday Celebration at the Angus Barn on February 28th, 2009...