Buena Vista Social Club - Buena Vista Social Club
Found at bee mp3 search engine

09 April 2010

A LONG AWAITED VACAY TO THE OUTER BANKS!!! :-)

I'm so happy that I'm finally taking a vacay to the Outer Banks (more specifically Duck) next week!!! It's been DECADES since I've been to the OBX (with the exception of the Crystal Coast beaches) and I've been wanting to go back for years.

I went to the OBX first time in 1973 when I was a few months old with my parents, sister, and my Dad's brother and his family, then in 1982 with my parents and sister, and finally in 1988 for a day trip with the history club in my high school. My family's been to the OBX more times than I have! (My parents, sister, and nephews even went in the summer of 2004...a few months before my Dad passed away from cancer. Then, my Mom, sister, and nephews went back in 2006...and I decided not to go.) Obviously, friends of mine have been there more than I have too...such as some of you.

I'll be driving my Jeep Liberty and I hope I'll be doing some four-wheelin'...probably up in Corolla. Need to check out the lighthouses too. Obviously, I'll be taking pictures and doing some sight-seeing in addition to the lighthouses. Hopefully, I'll have a great time and I'll be spending it with friends. :-)

PS - Do any of you have suggestions of what to do? I know Jockey's Ridge is there as well as Kitty Hawk, the Wright Brothers Memorial, the Lighthouses (duh!), the Lost Colony (not open yet, though), and other attractions.

No comments:

The Wave Swinger at the 2008 NC STATE FAIR on October 19th...

Followers

Sign by Dealighted - Coupons and Deals

Christmas 2009 Countdown!

Pictures from my Birthday Celebration at the Angus Barn on February 28th, 2009...

Pictures from my Birthday Celebration at the Angus Barn on February 28th, 2009...