Buena Vista Social Club - Buena Vista Social Club
Found at bee mp3 search engine

27 November 2008

A Few Thoughts on this HAPPY THANKSGIVING...

Wanted to wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving. May it be safe and one in which all of us can really pause in our busy and crazy lives and take a few moments (several days actually) and remember what we should be thankful for.

By the way my life has been lately and the way my attitude has been, I *REALLY* do need to take these next few days to be constantly reminded of what I do need to be thankful. I can't lie, though, at times I do feel as though I'm a hypocrite, one which feels more isolated and silently angry more now than in past months. Again, maybe I'm not thankful enough???

This leads me to a Bible Verse (actually several)...

- Psalm 107:1 (NIV) "Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever."

- Psalm 100 (KJV) "Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands. Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing. Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations."

(There are a host of other Bible Verses which can be used on Thanksgiving - which as a friend of mine once stated that it should be rather a way of life and not only a day.)

After reading these Bible Verses, I was reminded of how important it is to be thankful even when it is a struggle to be. I guess it's also okay to be thankful for everything in life including those things which can challenge and even annoy you. (Maybe?)

Well, I need to close this post for now. Again, Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments:

The Wave Swinger at the 2008 NC STATE FAIR on October 19th...

Followers

Sign by Dealighted - Coupons and Deals

Christmas 2009 Countdown!

Pictures from my Birthday Celebration at the Angus Barn on February 28th, 2009...

Pictures from my Birthday Celebration at the Angus Barn on February 28th, 2009...