Buena Vista Social Club - Buena Vista Social Club
Found at bee mp3 search engine

18 January 2008

The Tamiami Trail - The MIDDLE of Nowhere! (And SNOW in Raleigh?)

Remember in my previous post that I said something about the trailer falling apart in the middle of nowhere on US Highway 41? (NOTE - US Highway 41 is NOT the same as NC Highway 41.) Well, I've done some research and it's the Tamiami Trail (which runs from Miami to Tampa). It's similar to "Alligator Alley" in Florida (where else?), but there aren't any barriers to keep the wildlife from running in front of drivers. So, I could've encountered an alligator or Florida cougar when I checked on the flat tire, right??? I didn't!

I also checked on the Raleigh area weather and read that it's supposed to snow 2 to 4 inches tomorrow (Saturday) and that the high on Sunday will a very chilly 33 degrees. (The snow will be there to stay!) That's definitely a change from what I've been enjoying this past week. I think it's about 75 degrees in Marco Island. But, the bad thing is that we'll have to make the drive back up to the Raleigh area and will be experiencing some of that snow...and we're still pulling that trailer.

Oh, I did notice loads of road grime and even bugs (remember that the Tamiami Trail is swampy and warm) on my Jeep Liberty. I would like to try to get the Jeep washed when I get back to Raleigh, but why??? I'll encounter salt and sand on the North Carolina roads when I'll get back...and it will be too cold to wash the Jeep anyway!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

G- Where are the pictures??? Your trailer story cracks me up!!! I'll pray for safe travel back! It is actually 48 degrees here right now and a beautiful day. I know that is about to change. Drive safely!

Lianne

The Wave Swinger at the 2008 NC STATE FAIR on October 19th...

Followers

Sign by Dealighted - Coupons and Deals

Christmas 2009 Countdown!

Pictures from my Birthday Celebration at the Angus Barn on February 28th, 2009...

Pictures from my Birthday Celebration at the Angus Barn on February 28th, 2009...