Buena Vista Social Club - Buena Vista Social Club
Found at bee mp3 search engine

24 January 2008

My Jeep Liberty SUCKS....(GAS, that is!)

The year 2008 has not progressed too far yet even though it's almost February. I usually try to key in my gasoline purchases at http://www.raleighgasprices.com/ to help determine the gas mileage, expenses, etc. for my hardy (and used!) 2006 Jeep Liberty.

Well, so far, the "damages" (err...total) from January 1st to the 21st have been...

[GET READY!!!!]

160.76 gallons of gas purchased @ an average price of $3.101 per gallon totaling $499.35. There have been TEN (10) fill-ups over a total of 2,591 miles and the average gas mileage has been 18.26....which isn't too bad, especially when you count in the fact of the Key West/Marco Island vacation I just went on with a small fully packed trailer being pulled behind the Jeep. (The highest mileage on the trip was 19.93 MPG and I could've gotten at least 23 MPG on the interstates. When the Liberty was driven to Cape Canaveral last August, it did get around 22 MPG.)

The trip itself was 2,090 miles...and I drove about 1750 of those miles. Oh yes, it was tiring! I almost think the driving back was what did me in since I did drive 536 miles straight with a few rest and "gas" stops along the way. I didn't drive anywhere on Monday the 21st during the day or night since I was sick with the 102.8 fever.

So, I guess when the trip is not taken into account, then a few things do change even though I still drive 350 or more miles each week doing the daily work commute as well as to social and other events/activities during the week. Still, the Jeep Liberty isn't quite the best eco-friendly SUV, but then again, it's not the worse gas guzzler there is either since I do get about 18 MPG on average, trip or no trip. :-)

No comments:

The Wave Swinger at the 2008 NC STATE FAIR on October 19th...

Followers

Sign by Dealighted - Coupons and Deals

Christmas 2009 Countdown!

Pictures from my Birthday Celebration at the Angus Barn on February 28th, 2009...

Pictures from my Birthday Celebration at the Angus Barn on February 28th, 2009...