Buena Vista Social Club - Buena Vista Social Club
Found at bee mp3 search engine

31 January 2008

American World Cahs!!! (Cars in an affected accent...and REBIRTH???)

Well, well...I know I should be doing something else such as digital photo work rather than browsing the Internet or trying to fight sleep and/or my depression, but I am a self-admitted car junky. (Sort of.)

Anyway, I just came across a web site...the link is just below...http://cars.about.com/od/detoursanddiversions/ig/American-world-cars/

This particular site features American cahs (excuse me, CARS) which are offered in other parts of the world, but NOT America itself. I'm sure that some of you might remember the Chevrolet Caprice as well as the Ford Falcon and Fairlane. Well, you can still purchase the Caprice in the Middle East and if you lived in Australia or New Zealand, you can get a brand-spanking new Falcon or Fairlane.

These cars are not the 1960's, 70's, or 80's versions of the US models (even though back in the day, I do know that some of the car models worldwide were a few model years behind America), rather these automobiles are as new and fresh as your 2008 Jeep Liberty, Dodge Caliber, or Chevy Corvette.

I've even come across web sites where brand new 1957 Chevys (http://www.1957chevybody.com/index.html) are being produced...and I'm not talking about restorations, but actual cars which are true to the original. However, 1957 Chevys are NOT the only cars being reborn, but there are new 1953 (and other year) Corvettes as well as Cobras, Thunderbirds, etc. being produced (http://www.lonestarclassics.com/lsc-kit-cars-replicas/lone-star-classics-route-66-roadster-kit-car.cfm).

There also is a very interesting truck being produced by Southern Motor Company (http://www.southernmotorcompany.com) in Liberty, South Carolina. This particular truck favors the Chevy pick-ups of the late 40's and early 50's. Wow, dude! Sweet ride! Looking at the Southern 358 (the name of the truck) really sets my car lust in motion. Too bad the Southern 358 costs $63,000...but then again, that's not quite as much as some specialty autos on the market. A brand new 1957 Chevy Convertible would set me back $180,000.

It's also too bad I can't get a brand-spanking new 1969 International Harvester Scout 800A in 2008. If I could, I most certainly would! Now, that would be sweet...but that can't occur. So, I guess I still have to settle with my late dad's 69 Scout (still original and authentic) as well as my 2006 Jeep Liberty. I will say that I'm sort of tempted to actually purchase one of these "reborn" autos, but I would have to sell the Liberty (of course). But, the Scout??? Not in my lifetime...hopefully!

PS - If any of you are interested in knowing more about these reborn automobiles of the past (either as a kit or turn-key car), just go to Google and key in words such as "kit car, replica, new 1953 Corvette" or anything you want to. There really is too much for me to continue to share. I will admit that it is rather amazing!!! (Addicting as well.)

No comments:

The Wave Swinger at the 2008 NC STATE FAIR on October 19th...

Followers

Sign by Dealighted - Coupons and Deals

Christmas 2009 Countdown!

Pictures from my Birthday Celebration at the Angus Barn on February 28th, 2009...

Pictures from my Birthday Celebration at the Angus Barn on February 28th, 2009...